Thursday, April 2, 2020

Big Hero 6 (2014)

I was looking for something to watch and having watched a Mifune film the other day had me int he mood for a certain film. As I started cruising through Disney Plus, I noticed that Big Hero 6 was there waiting for me to hit the play button and that is what I did. The film was released in 2014 and it was directed by Don Hall and Chris Williams (Moana). In San Fransokyo, things are pretty normal for Hiro Hamada (Ryan Potter) who is the smartest 14 year old around, but he's too busy with his robot fighting. One day his brother Tadashi (Daniel Henney) challenges him to use his brain so he develops nanobot technology to try to get into his brothers school. Unfortunately, a tragic event happens and the school burns down along with his brother, but he'll discover that his technology was stolen by someone so along with his brother's robot Baymax (Scott Adsit) and five of his friends, they'll team up to try and stop the man who stole them. The film also stars T.J. Miller (Deadpool) as Fred, Jamie Chung (The Gifted) as Go Go, Damon Wayans Jr. (Let's Be Cops) as Wasabi, Genesis Rodriguez (Tusk) as Honey Lemon, James Cromwell (The Green Mile) as Robert Callaghan, Alan Tudyk (Moana) as Alistair Krei, and Maya Rudolph (The Way Way Back) as Cass.


This was such a fun film to watch and to be honest Disney never really makes a bad film, but they offered their version of an animated superhero team with Big Hero 6. The only thing I am sad about is that there hasn't been a sequel made to this film as of yet. This one kind of follows a different pattern than most Disney movies, but then again maybe not. Usually there is the main character and he always has a sidekick which is the comedic relief so I suppose that could be Baymax, but usually it's an animal and so on and so forth. Every Disney film has a tragic event that happens that changes a character and makes them grow so you can check that one off the list with Tedashi dying in a fire, but one of the cool things is the crazy twist towards the end that happens. That twist completely threw me off because I did not see it coming at all. It definitely helped shape the rest of the film and sent it in a direction that made most sense and it was really good writing. I enjoyed all the acting in the film, but I have to give it up to T.J. Miller who just killed it as usual. He was funny when he needed to be and I loved his costume the most of all of them. I definitely suggest that you check this out if you are looking for something fun to watch. With that being said, I am going to give the film an A- for a final grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment