Tuesday, February 18, 2020

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot (2018)

The film that I chose for today has one of the most deceiving titles of all and I say that because what you read is sort of not what you get (I will explain this later). The film I chose for today I had seen while strolling through HULU and of course if the title The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot doesn't attract you to it then I don't know what will. The film was released in 2018 and it was written, produced, and directed by Robert D. Krzykowski in his feature film debut and it stars Sam Elliott (A Star Is Born) as legendary American war veteran Calvin Barr. Calvin was the man responsible for killing the real Adolph Hitler during World War II, but the only problem is that no one knows about it. Well, there is one man that believes he knows and that is FBI Agent Flag Pin (Ron Livingston) who along with a Canadian agent hires Calvin to hunt the legendary Bigfoot who is believed to be carry a deadly virus that is killing off most of the wildlife. The film also stars Aidan Turner (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey) as Young Calvin Barr, Larry Miller (10 Things I Hate About You) as Ed Barr, Mark Steger (Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark) as The Bigfoot, and Caitlin FitzGerald (Masters Of Sex) as Maxine.

One thing that I am glad about is that they didn't make Bigfoot look like Harry and The Hendersons, but if I am being a little bit honest he was weird looking. The reason that I said this is a film that what you read is not what you get is because I was expecting a really cheesy film, but what you get is an actual deep story of regrets from a man who seems to have done it all. Calvin is a man of honor and he never says no to serving his nation, but he lets the most important thing go in his life and that was love. So, the film is definitely more than just an action movie with a ridiculous idea of a man hunting Bigfoot so check off the great story category. One thing that it does that I liked is how it jumps back and forth from the present to the past because it has to help set things up. How does he get in enough to kill Adolph Hitler and how did it affect his life? The fight and chase scenes between Calvin and The Bigfoot were great as well although I don't understand why the Bigfoot threw up when he was stabbed, but it is what it is. The cinematography is another strong point in this film with all the great scenery towards the end of film and in various other scenes as well. Believe it or not, this is definitely a must see film because Sam Elliot plays that old cowboy whose on his last hurrah very well and that is what we love about him. That is why I am going to give the film an A- for a final grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment