Thursday, August 6, 2020

MILF (2018)

The film that I chose for today is one of those examples of not knowing what to watch and because you're so bored you'll click on anything which can go in any direction if you think about it. The film that I chose for today was the exact opposite of what I thought it was going to be as I checked out 2018's foreign film MILF which was directed by and stars Axelle Laffont (Jeanne and the Perfect Guy) as Elise. Three women in their forties decide to go on vacation while one of them closes a long chapter in her life. While on the vacation, they spark up relationships with three younger guys that opens their eyes to what really matters. The film also stars  Marie-Josée Croze (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) as Sonia, Virginie Ledoyen (The Beach) as Cécile, Waël Sersoub (In The Shadow Of Iris) as Paul, Matthias Dandois as Julian, Victor Meutelet (Alex Hugo) as Markus, Rémi Pedevilla (Escape From Raqqa) as Thomas, Florence Thomassin (A Very Long Engagement) as Christine, Jéromine Chasseriaud (Summer Crush) as Louise, Mitty Hazanavicius (Addict) as Nina, Pauline Bression (Plus belle la vie) as Maya, Claude Attia (A View Of Love) as M. Layrac,  and Anne-Marie Ponsot (The Horseman On The Roof) as Mme Layrac.

As I said above, this film was nothing like what I thought it was going to be. I thought I was going to get some zany sex comedy especially with the title MILF so you can't really blame me there. What do you get is some a romance, drama, and comedy film that looks at a bunch of middle aged women who decided to let their guards down for some young men who made them feel young, but in reality their not really looking for a relationship. Well at least one of them wasn't, but there's nothing really revolutionary about the writing in the film because it played out exactly the way I thought it was going to. I am not saying that this was a bad film, but all I am saying is that it was just quite predictable and that really shouldn't be that surprising with these types of films. It would have been cool for them to throw in a monkey wrench, but sometimes you just have to play it safe. There's not much that I want to say other than what I have. There is some really good cinematography and the scenery is amazing, but whatever you do do not turn on the subtitles because the overdub is saying the opposite of the subtitles and that was annoying. Other than that, I am going to go ahead and give the film an B for a final grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment