Sunday, January 5, 2020

Godsend (2004)

You will notice over time that there are certain actors in the world that I am trying to knock down their filmography because of how legendary they are or I just want to see more from a certain actor. Robert De Niro (The Irishman) is definitely one of those actors whose had a legendary career and I am just trying to watch a lot of his films which is why I chose Godsend for today besides the fact it was showing for free on Youtube. How many of us in the world have lost a loved one whether it be that they left this earth too soon? That is what happened to Paul and Jessica Duncan (Greg Kinnear & Rebecca Romijn) who lost their son Adam (Cameron Bright) who was hit by a car. That is when they are approached by Richard Wells, a famous Doctor who specializes in children approaches them with an idea of bringing back Adam through stem cell research. The only problem is that the procedure is successful, but once the new Adam approaches the death age of his original self he begins to change and have night terrors that worry the Duncans. The film also stars Munro Chambers (Turbo Kid) as Max, Deborah Odell (Horseman) as Tanya, and the film was directed by Nick Hamm (The Hole).

Godsend is one of those films where they tease what kind of an amazing decision it is to basically clone a child then all of a sudden they turn the tables and here are the negatives about cloning. The great thing about this lesson in why you shouldn't is because there is a twist at the end of the film that I definitely didn't see coming. I definitely thought that Greg Kinnear did an excellent job in the film and I would even say he was the MVP of the film. I'm not saying that Rebecca Romijn did bad in the film, but she didn't carry the film like Kinnear did as he commanded the screen. Robert De Niro was kind of a minor character in a way where he was only in certain parts of the film, but when he is there he commands the screen as well. I also have to say that I didn't think Cameron Bright did a bad job, but he just wasn't interesting enough at times when he would change to his evil self. He didn't do a great job of revealing it like Jackson Robert Scott did in The Prodigy. The film is definitely worth checking out for free on Youtube, but would I own it? Probably not if I am being honest, but there are things to like like the overall tones of the film is very gloomy even after Adam's birth. The cinematography for the film is very good as well, but it gets better when they move to the rural town. So, I am going to say at least give it a watch and I am going to give it ab B- for a final grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment