Monday, July 13, 2020

Knock Knock (2015)

At one point in the early to mid 2000's, there was a new group of horror directors that were taking the genre by storm and one of those was Eli Roth who made films like Cabin Fever, Hostel, and The Green Inferno to name a few. So for today's film, I thought I would check out one that Eli both wrote, Produced and directed in 2015's Knock Knock. The film stars Keanu Reeves (The Devil's Advocate) as Evan, an architect, a husband, and a devoted father who has to stay behind thanks to work while the wife and kids go out to the beach home. While a night alone in your home sounds good to most, it's about to get interesting for Evan when he helps out two girls stranded in the rain. What was a kind gesture by Evan, quickly turns into a seductively deadly game of cat and mouse that will make Evan regret what he did. The film also stars Lorenza Izzo (Once Upon A Time In Hollywood) as Genesis, Ana de Armas (Hands Of Stone) as Belle, Ignacia Allamand (The Green Inferno) as Karen, Aaron Burns (The Green Inferno) as Lewis, Colleen Camp (Die Hard With A Vengeance) as Vivian, Dan Baily as Jake, Megan Baily as Lisa,  Antonio Quercia (La leyenda de el Crack) as Uber Driver, and Otto as Monkey. 

I had an idea as far as what direction they were going to take in the film just based on the trailer alone and this was a film that so many told me to avoid watching, but I don't understand why. Does it have it's flaws? Sure, it has plenty of flaws contained within it, but I will say one thing and that is Ana de Armas was definitely not one of them. She had me convinced the whole entire film that something was seriously deranged about her and I am not taking anything away from Lorenza, but she just seemed like a follower while Ana was the real messed up one. Some of the dialogue in the beginning of the film was kind of atrocious and I could have done without plenty of it, but it's after the deal is done that I think the film gets better. The girls turn up the intensity on Keanu Reeves and I finally saw some emotion out of the guy that was above what he had done before. There are some pretty intense scenes in the film, but the last sequence of the film has to be one of those that when it's over you're like I was pretty sure that A was going to happen and not B. As good or as bad as you may think the film was, one thing that I was happy about was that Monkey, that adorable French Bulldog was not harmed at all during the film. I would have shut off the film if he had been, but with that being said, watch at your own risk and leisure. I am going to give the film an B- for a for a final grade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment