Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Good Kids (2016)

After watching the film that I did the day before, I was looking for something to make up for it and I couldn't find a different title. So, I decided that I would once again catch another film from my latest Hollywood crush in Zoey Deutch (Buffaloed) as we watch 2016's Good Kids which was written and directed by Chris McCoy (The Bicycle). The film evolves around four friends who have spent their whole lives in school being good and building up for their futures in College that they forgot to enjoy themselves. So for their last summer before they head off to college, they decided to make a summer of yes and just get wild and adventurous, but even that comes with a cost. The film stars Nicholas Braun (The Year Of Spectacular Men) as Andy, Deutch as Nora, Mateo Arias (Yours, Mine & Ours) as The Lion, Israel Broussard (Happy Death Day) as Spice, Ashley Judd (Kiss The Girls) as Gabby,  Demián Bichir (The Nun) as Yaco, David Coussins (Born Guilty) as Erland, Dayo Okeniyi (See) as Conch, Julia Garner (We Are What We Are) as Tinsley, Virginia Gardner (Halloween 2018) as Emily, Brett Wyman (Dumb And Dumber To) as Plymouth Rock, Eduardo Fernandez-Baumann (Love Is All You Need) as Salavatore, and Nick Chambers (It's Not Funny Anymore) as Cop.

This movie is what would happen if you took the kids from Good Boys as they continued to stay good kids throughout the rest of their school years and then filmed them in a movie again when they're 18. The only thing is that the kids from Good Boys were a lot funnier, but don't take anything away from the Good Kids because they provided me with some really good laughs too. I enjoyed the film because it took everything it meant to be an 18 year old inexperienced kid with no real life experience and summed it up to a T because part of the film was my life and I remember all the awkward moments. I also remember all of the triumphs that came along too and that is what made this film so enjoyable to watch besides the fact that it took place down in Cape Cod (well, it was really filmed in Boston and Duxbury). I kept thinking to myself how I was so jealous that Andy was getting with Ashley Judd who looked fantastic in this film and she is still a fox. I have to say that one of my favorite characters in the film was definitely The Lion who I kept wondering does this kid really know Tai Chi, but when you find out he definitely does not disappoint. One thing that was very prototypical of the type of film we watched is that it has that a-typical storyline where friend finally notices that female friend of the group is actually hot and he becomes jealous. I don't blame them for using it because it was an effective sub plot to use in the film. I thought that this was a really good film and I am happy that I did and with that being said, I am giving the film an B for a final grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment